So my husband makes fun of me because I’m walking around in a coat when it’s 20C (that’s 68 degrees fahrenheit) – but I get cold! And I can feel the cold in my skin – especially my lips. 😐 I wear lots of lipstick, but sometimes it looks a bit too strong when I’m not wearing any makeup. And since I have naturally pale lips, I look like a little ghost if I don’t have some kind of tint on my lips.
So today I whipped up a little pot of tinted lip balm to give myself the moisture and color that I need. 🙂 I also used an old lipstick that I don’t really like on it’s own – dries very chalky, probably cause it’s old! My friend told me about this and I don’t know why I hadn’t done it before – It took less than 5 minutes, and I had all the stuff I needed lying around.
Tinted Lip Balm
- an old lipstick
- a half empty pot of carmex
- some homeoplasmine (You can subsitute Aquaphor, Vitacilina, or even vaseline)
- Take a bit of lipstick and place it in a small glass bowl, add your balm.
- Microwave for 10 seconds at a time and mix it up.
- Pour back into your container and voila! You have tinted lip balm!
For the non-microwave version, you could just melt the ingredients a little at a time over a flame in a tablespoon, then pour and mix.
Adjust the ratio of lipstick to balm as you like, depending on how deep you want the balm to be. You can also add some essential oils if you want, peppermint always feels nice on my lips. Enjoy!
A tout a l’heure!